This week's game is Aeon's End
- BGG Link: Aeon's End
- Designer: Kevin Riley
- Publishers: Action Phase Games, Indie Boards & Cards, Angry Lion Games, Frosted Games, Matagot, Pegasus Spiele, Portal Games, SD Games, Surfin' Meeple China
- Year Released: 2016
- Mechanics: Card Drafting, Cooperative Game, Deck, Bag, and Pool Building, Delayed Purchase, Hand Management, Solo / Solitaire Game, Variable Phase Order, Variable Player Powers, Variable Setup
- Categories: Card Game, Fantasy, Fighting, Science Fiction
- Number of Players: 1 - 4
- Playing Time: 60 minutes
- Expansions: Aeon's End: Buried Secrets, Aeon's End: Echo Stone and Splinter Missile Promo, Aeon's End: Fleeting Vision Promo, Aeon's End: Outcasts, Aeon's End: Tabletop Day 2017 Promos – Drown in Flames / Glyph Enigma, Aeon's End: The Ancients, Aeon's End: The Depths, Aeon's End: The Nameless, Aeon's End: The New Age – Promo Pack, Aeon's End: The Outer Dark, Aeon's End: The Void, Aeon's End: Thieving Spirit, Aeon's End: War Eternal – Promo Pack
- Average rating is 8.01111 (rated by 8513 people)
- Board Game Rank: 77, Strategy Game Rank: 58
Description from Boardgamegeek:
The survivors of a long-ago invasion have taken refuge in the forgotten underground city of Gravehold. There, the desperate remnants of society have learned that the energy of the very breaches the beings use to attack them can be repurposed through various gems, transforming the malign energies within into beneficial spells and weapons to aid their last line of defense: the breach mages.
Aeon's End is a cooperative game that explores the deckbuilding genre with a number of innovative mechanisms, including a variable turn order system that simulates the chaos of an attack, and deck management rules that require careful planning with every discarded card. Players will struggle to defend Gravehold from The Nameless and their hordes using unique abilities, powerful spells, and, most importantly of all, their collective wits.
Next Week: Combat Commander: Europe