Welcome to /r/boardgames Daily Discussion and Game Recommendations
This is meant to be a place where you can ask any and all questions relating to the board gaming world: general or specific game recommendations, rule clarifications, definitions of terms/acronyms, and other quick questions that might not warrant their own post. You can see previous versions of this post here.
If you are seeking game recommendations you will get better responses if you give us enough background to help you. You can use this template to do so. Here is a version with explanations of what we're looking for.
Help people identify your game suggestions easily by bolding the game names. It's easy! Just surround the game name with two asterisks (**) and it will show up bold. If you reply to any comment that has a game name in bold with "/u/r2d8 getparentinfo", one of our robots will tell you more about the game
Just remember that this is a community full of awesome, helpful people, and feel free to ask your questions whatever they may be. As always, keep it civil and remember what the downvote button is actually for.
Lastly, here are some of the resources available at /r/boardgames:
- If you are new here, be sure to check out our Community Guidelines
- If you are looking for a game recommendation, make sure to read our What Should I Get Wiki
- If asking people for recommendations is too interactive: The Automated Recommendations Robot is here for you.
- For recommendations that take accessibility concerns into account, check out MeepleLikeUs and their recommender.
- Also take a look at our Wiki Index for various other resources and information.
- Any questions about game design can be answered here, but also visit /r/tabletopgamedesign
- Any discussions about the subreddit itself should be contained in /r/metaboardgames
If you use the boardgamerecommender bot in this thread, please reply to the stickied top comment in order to avoid cluttering up the posts.